Standing up...from a broken relationship..for what is right. Getting on to better things. Life's activities. Deep confessions. Everything happening right now!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The New Guy

Ok.... there i was, trying to face reality that Mr Xtreme was out of my life forever. I mean, he had literarily blown my mind. He was just what every babe wanted - and I had had him to myself for 8 months! I should just let go. I tried. Hard. Since I am still in school, I had something to keep my mind busy. I tried to concentrate on my books. But there was this new guy on my case - the one I had not communicated with for 8yrs. The one I didn't even remember speaking to back in High school then. I wondered why he kept calling and checking on me - as he put it. He began calling everyday, mailing everyday. We spent hours chatting, and chatting.
Now in Nigeria, calling Mobile phones for two hours straight will MOST DEFINITELY make a big dent in your pocket. After three weeks of this 'attack'. I asked him bluntly. 'What exactly do you want? I told him I had a recent 'past' I was trying to get over. He pretended he hadn't understood what I was trying to get across to him.
He lives up North, I live down South. I became comfortabe he couldn't possibly ask me for a relationship - I am not into long-distance relationships.
But the thot kept nagging me. A guy spends thousands of Naira every week just to 'check on' you morning, day and night (as my brother will say - the guy's investing a lot into your 'business'), and all he says is that he just wants a friend. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home