Standing up...from a broken relationship..for what is right. Getting on to better things. Life's activities. Deep confessions. Everything happening right now!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The visit

On the side, I have been having a bit of fun. I fell sick, with Malaria (mosquitoes are plenty in my dorm room), and typhoid (I think its the new restaurant I tried that week). I lost a lot of weight, had to go home. But i returned to school, cos this is my final semester and I cannot afford to let anything tie me down.
My class organized a beach party - I dressed up and went, and had a lovely time. You know what they say about sin being sweet cos of the thrill of escaping discovery? Well, I had more fun bcos I knew no one at home knew. I didn't do anything stupid, like take alcohol or get caught in the corner with any bozo, I just had fun, watching the ocean and enjoying ribbing my classmates. We took tons of pictures.
Anyway, I get back to the dorm with the other girls and switch on my phone (which had been off to prevent my lying) and a call comes in. Melvin is in town! He had mentioned coming to Lagos to see me but I had silently cancelled that ever becoming a reality - he's in the working industry for God's sakes! Unless he's a secret heir to President Obasanjo's fortune, he can't just fly down to see me, and return to work after a few hours. If he could I would ask him to marry me straightaway!
He apparently considered the weekend. He called on Friday. And he said we had Saturday and Sunday to get 'closer'. Hmmmm........ i must admit, I was really nervous.

2 Comments:

Blogger Poetic Justice said...

Since when did taking alchohol become stupid?

11:52 AM

 
Blogger Daydah said...

taking alcohol isnt stupid. Taking TOO much alcohol when you have to drive is really stupid. That is what I meant.

4:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home