Standing up...from a broken relationship..for what is right. Getting on to better things. Life's activities. Deep confessions. Everything happening right now!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

well...we did get closer

ok...i think I'm spending too much time behind (I had exams so had to be away for a while!). Melvin was really in town. He came to my house on Saturday, and spent the whole day with me. It might sound so simple - you could be saying 'So?' right now, but consider this: I haven't seen him for close to nine years. And I had only been talking to him for about three to four months. Now I was actually seeing him and hearing his voice live. I was trying to be quiet and all, to observe.
The first thing I observed was: Dang, he's so cute! And he is a lot taller than I remember. He certainly is no sky-scraper, like my ex (who is 6ft6in tall), but he's comfortably taller. And he was also nervous. When he saw me, he was trying to read my expression, but I was smiling. I stretched out my hand for a handshake (silly, right?), and he gives me a hug instead. His hand was shaking.
He left a little late that Saturday night, and since he had gone to church in the morning, Sunday was a free day. I was even thinking he would use the opportunity to catch up with some of his pals, or that he was actually even using 'seeing me' as an excuse, but he kept insisting that that was why he came to Lagos. He's flying back first thing Monday morning.

He met my Mum, and she liked him. Commented on the 'skyscraper' thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home