Standing up...from a broken relationship..for what is right. Getting on to better things. Life's activities. Deep confessions. Everything happening right now!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Help! All my friends are getting married!

I don't know how to explain this but maybe if I explain where exactly
I am then you will understand.
Can you believe this? I finished High school in 2000, and did predegree
in Computer Science in 2001.
I entered the University in 2002, but with all the strikes here in Naija,
I am just finishing my degree
(a four year course in five years).
Now predegree was the place that I got to make so many female friends
- prior to that I didnt really
have any. By the time we finished the programme, I had about 18 fema-
le pals I could say 'hi!' to,
and learn how to wear make up and stuff.

This semester, which is the final semester for those of us that are doing
4yr courses, was a bit hectic.
Now about a month ago, on of my pals, calls me and says - "Dee, Lucy
s getting married in August, and
we all need to be there. I am in charge of the scarf, and the lace mater
-ial. When are you paying?'
It was a shock. But it only just started!
By the end of that week, three other pals were getting married. Now
everytime any of our male friends from predegree see me they ask,
"Dee, when r u getting married too?"
It is frustrating. All of a sudden I have to start saving a LOT of cash
to buy this person's gele, or that person's ankara, or this person's
damask. In a twinkle of an eye it seems everyone is getting married!
Does anyone ffel me on this?

4 Comments:

Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

so Dee...WHEN are you getting married??? NO PRESSURE!!! But for real we could go broke buying all these gele's an aso-ebi's and stuff for EVERYONE...ME I'VE TAKEN A STAND AGAINST BUYING STUFF...no one should approach me except it's to give me for free

p.s check out www.votac.com (Voices of the African Continent) It's been a long time coming and now it's finally here...check it out...sign up...spread the word...thanx

6:57 PM

 
Blogger Vixen said...

CHills. I still gotta get hitched before you start freakin out:)

7:02 PM

 
Blogger Daydah said...

Vixen, u are family, so I cannot even open my mouth when its time to buy the bridal stuff. Wherever it is, I am trying my best to come and attend. But all the people I have been smiling with for the past five years suddenly hand you an IV, and expect you to just reach into your bag and withdraw the whopping sum for their chosen aso-ebi. Its too frustrating.Now imagine getting five of that every month since June.....

9:32 AM

 
Blogger Kafo said...

chill
i'm not married yet
take am ez ooooooooooooo

4:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home